Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Do you have days when you feel extremely tired and fatigued at the slightest exertion? It’s so bad that 8 hours of sleep just doesn’t cut through. This extreme fatigue may be caused by these conditions:
- Adrenal Fatigue
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
Adrenal Fatigue is caused by
Being in extremely stressful situations for long i.e. stressful marital relations, stressful family events, finances and unfavorable work situations, emotional trauma or abuse, exposure to environmental toxins and pollution, lack of sleep, over exercising, drug and alcohol abuse and poor diet.
Adrenal glands are responsible for hormone production required by the body for its functions including energy production, carbohydrate, protein and fat conversion to blood glucose for energy, fluid and electrolyte balance and fat storage.
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome on the other hand is caused by:
Hypothalamic activity, pituitary dysfunction, poor immunity (including low amounts of natural killer cells), hormonal deficiencies, frequent infections and yeast overgrowth.
- Extreme exhaustion after physical activity
- Lack of memory and focus( Frequent difficulty in focusing and remembering things throughout the day or what is referred to as brain fog)
- Complains of muscles and joint pain with not associated with any disease.
- Getting sick often( Sore throats, cold or flu- like symptoms)
- Digestive issues( Constipation, cramping, bloating, nausea)
- Abnormal fluctuations in body temperature( Heat shocks and chills)
- Decreased sex drive
- Increased PMS/ menopausal symptoms
- Craving for foods high in salt and fat
- Increased sighing
- Make dietary change to whole- organic foods (plenty of vegetables and fruits, seeds and legumes, oily fish. Avoid caffeine, hydrogenated fats and any processed foods or meat), stay hydrated, If possible, take spring water ( avoid tap or bottled water)
- Exercise 30 minutes daily ( aerobics, weightlifting and stretches)
- Have 30 minutes of sunshine exposure everyday
- Have plenty of rest, slot “me time” every day for an activity you love, that relaxes you and makes you happy.
- Say no to negative or stressful people and situations.
- Pray or meditate daily
- Talk to a nutritionally oriented doctor for supplementation and overall healthcare.